The company Degli Esposti A. Srl wants to demonstrate its values to customers through innovative paths towards social and environmental sustainability.
The company therefore intends to affirm its commitment to interventions to improve energy performance by seeking technological, management or innovative solutions, aimed at reducing energy consumption.
The management, with the aim ofsensitizing the supply chain and communicating its commitment to evaluate the related goods and services also according to parameters of energy and environmental sustainability, has adopted the following policy for sustainability.
Stimulated by creativity and collaboration, for several years we have been working to reduce our environmental impact and to help protect nature and people, through controlled policies of use, recycling, disposal.
Our environmental goals are not only about reducing our impacts, but also about the sustainable development of our supply chain. To this end, we need to implement a program of initiatives in our activities and along the supply chain that can evolve in this direction.
Among the initiatives, we support a project that involves the use of raw materials from sustainable sources, but also optimizations in the area of transport and logistics aimed at reducing waste and efficiency of processes, with a focus on sustainability.
This document contains a summary of the guidelines that our company follows to make the entire life cycle of its products more sustainable, including the most indirect aspects such as those related to packaging and visual merchandising.
- Stimulating the creativity of its employees and all stakeholders: a real lifeblood of the company;
- Constantly verify working methods and operating procedures to prevent accidents and non-conformities through technical procedures;
- Adopt the precautionary principle whenever scientific evidence on environmental challenges is lacking and act with care and caution to minimise potential impacts;
- Identify and pursue objectives of innovation and continuous improvement of environmental performance;
- Make a conscious and optimized use of natural resources, monitoring where possible their consumption (water, electricity, gas, paper) and the waste generated;
- Ensure proper waste management and minimize the production of waste and wastewater;
- Protecting biodiversity
- Reduce the amount of hazardous chemicals and manage their life cycle and final disposal precisely and in compliance with the law;
- Promote the involvement of local communities, to offer the production and maintenance of favorable conditions for economic growth within our territory;
- Ensure a condition of well-being equally distributed in the field of work, with particular attention to health and safety issues;
- Counteract the risk of anti-corruption purchasing practices;
- Carry out internal audits, inspections and audits to identify and prevent any situations of non-compliance with the requirements of the management system;
- Also manage indirect impacts related to the procurement of goods and services.
- Guarantee and exceed the minimum legal requirements;
- Employ the human and financial resources necessary to pursue the environmental and energy objectives and targets, the results of which will be periodically analyzed in order to undertake the lines of action.
- Increase the performance level of the assets through appropriate design choices by carrying out, where possible, real estate interventions according to methods;
- Monitor and report on energy and water consumption, together with waste production and emission measurement, to ensure effective feedback in terms of environmental and economic sustainability and with a view to continuous improvement of performance;
- Communicate in a transparent and continuous manner the results obtained from environmental and energy management, measuring and monitoring the level of performance through the elaboration and control of a specific system of performance indicators;
- Periodically review and monitor your performance to ensure a reliable system to decide on further improvement actions.
Here our general guidelines will follow the more specific ones
- Adapt its environmental management system to the requirements of the UNI EN ISO 14001 standard in the last edition, in order to train and sensitize the company and its stakeholders to eco-sustainability, organize and make self-monitoring activities more efficient, plan improvement actions especially to reduce direct and indirect environmental impacts and give added value to its products.
- Make a selection of suppliers favoring those who operate according to environmental and quality requirements and with whom to maintain a constant relationship of collaboration and exchange of information in order to optimize mutual synergies and performance.
- At the infrastructural level, provide for the constant technical and technological updating of our infrastructures in order to maintain high competitiveness on the market in addition to the internal efficiency of the processes and the energy efficiency; Medium-term investments are always planned by the management.
- With regard to the management of internal personnel, maintain high involvement and awareness of personnel in order to create a team of people involved in policies, aware of the aspects and objectives of the company and the consequences in the event of NC, also in terms of law, as well as able to make a positive contribution to the pursuit of planning activities.
- Maintain a high level of effectiveness of the training provided, in order to streamline internal processes and improve the working environment itself, understood as the sum of environmental and infrastructural and character requirements.
- Favor the use of recyclable and eco-sustainable materials
- Design and plan carefully also in consideration of the procurement, storage and shipping phases to reduce the number of trips and packaging volumes and maximize the life time of products and raw materials.
- Ensure proper classification, separation and recycling of waste and packaging at all stages of its use.
- About materials and raw materials:
- Use wood with minimal content or in the absence of formaldehyde, traceable along the supply chain.
- Buy wood and paper preferably from sustainably managed sources, with reference to FSC 100% certification or FSC Mix or PEFC.
- Choose ISPM15 certified wooden pallets, preferably from sustainably managed sources, with reference to FSC 100% or FSC Mix or PEFC certification.
- Prefer OSB crates, preferably from sustainably managed sources, with reference to FSC 100% or FSC Mix or PEFC certification.
- Prepare suitable places for the conservation of certified materials, so that they are recognizable and easily available.
- Avoid using single-use plastic utensils.
- Favor the use of PVC Free and Phtalates free plastic, recycled or at least with biological content, better if not composed of raw materials from food sources, but from plants, forestry resources, proteins from abandoned supply sources, etc.
- Where the use of recycled plastic is not possible, prefer plastic with biological content:
second-generation plastic – composed of raw materials not from food sources, but from plants, forestry resources, proteins from abandoned supply sources, etc.
- Preferably use recycled materials (recycled content >30%), with reference to FSC recycled (paper) or GRS (plastic) certification.
- Choose paper and wood products certified as coming from sustainably managed sources, with reference to the FSC 100% certification or FSC Mix or PEFC.
- Comply with the requirements of the List of Restricted Chemicals for Products (PRSL) and the List of Restricted Substances in Manufacturing Processes (MRSL) of customers.
- Ensure that raw materials do not come from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
- Use an official analysis method to assess the percentage of biological content (e.g. the ASTM D8666 method) and be able to provide such data.
- About packaging:
- Limit the number of packages, reducing what is not necessary.
- Optimize the saturation of spaces, avoiding oversized packaging for the contents of the packaging volumes compared to the product volume, especially to avoid filling empty spaces with other packaging.
- Saturate any gaps inside the packaging with filling paper, avoiding the use of plastic (eg polystyrene, bubbles, etc.).
- Preferably use paper adhesive material for closing packaging, avoiding the use of plastic scotch tape.
- Prefer natural materials such as organic cotton, cardboard or certified paper to plastic.
- Ensure proper selection and recycling of packaging waste at all stages of its use;
- Reduce the number of trips needed;
- Prefer more sustainable means of transport.
Degli Esposti invites all interested parties to also read its code of ethics and the information on company policies and supplier requirements on the site.
Action and verification
Every 6 months, or at the request of the customer, or at the reorders, it will be mandatory to verify that the policies indicated above are followed massively. Otherwise, it will be necessary to implement corrective improvement actions that will be shared by e-mail from the Purchasing Office with the DL Mrs. Tiziana Preti.
Toscanella of Dozza (BO)